Upgrade your browser!
You''ll enjoy this experience much more in a modern browser.
Plus, we can''t guarantee everything will work correctly for you in this old browser. Check out this list of modern browsers that we think would be a good replacement.
- Thursday, Sep 16, 2021 6:00 PM - 9:15 PM PDT
- Friday, Sep 17, 2021 6:00 PM - 9:15 PM PDT
- Saturday, Sep 18, 2021 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM PDT
Check-in begins at 5:30. The training begins promptly at 6.
- THURSDAY, September 16th (6:00 PM - 9:15 PM)
- FRIDAY, September 17th (6:00 PM - 9:15PM)
- SATURDAY, September 18th (8:30 AM - 5:00 PM)
- You must attend all sessions (Thursday, Friday & Saturday) to receive certification
- Pre-Registration is required.
- A light continental breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning.
Advanced Chaplaincy & Crisis Intervention Training
This training is certified by the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation ( www.icisf.org ). Church members, chaplains, counselors, mental health professionals and pastors all benefit from these practical guidelines and strategies for people-care in times of need.
The Rock Church is sponsoring special series of crisis intervention, trauma and disaster response courses to equip people to serve our community. These trainings prepare people to establish hope, comfort, compassion and the guidance of Jesus Christ to people in their times of crises and brokenness. This is an advanced chaplaincy course in the basic Critical Incident Stress Management series entitled "Pastoral Crisis Intervention -2" (Note: You do not need to take Pastoral Crisis Intervention-1 as a prerequisite to this course). This course may be thought of as the combination of Biblical faith-based training with traditional techniques of crisis intervention that prepares the church for work in the field of trauma response as a witness to our community in times of need. The purpose of this 13-hour course is to assist the participants in learning how Christian-based interventions and traditional psychological crisis interventions may be effectively integrated. This workshop is certified by the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation www.icisf.org Church members, chaplains, counselors, mental health professionals and pastors all benefit from these practical guidelines and strategies for people-care in times of need.
The Pastoral Crisis Intervention-2 course builds on the foundations of ICISF’s “Pastoral Crisis Intervention-1” class. More specific advanced concepts and specific field applications where pastoral crisis intervention is applied will be covered. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Review the more severe signs and symptoms of trauma and its impacts
- Describe the stages of spiritual development;
- Understand concepts of Theodicy (God and suffering);
- Discuss the principles of spiritual first-aid;
- Recognize and understand the dynamics of chaplaincy services.
- Understand emergency response protocols and the National Incident Response System
- Learn aspects of facilitating death notifications and bereavement care
- Discuss suicide intervention and postvention
- Review self-care issues
Instructor: Mickey Stonier, PhD, Certified Crisis Services Specialist
Dr. Stonier serves as Chaplain for the Coronado and San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, San Diego Medical Examiner’s Office, San Diego Harbor Police Department, Office of Emergency Services and other public and private agencies.
Early registration $75 before (September 7th , 2021)