Upgrade your browser!
You''ll enjoy this experience much more in a modern browser.
Plus, we can''t guarantee everything will work correctly for you in this old browser. Check out this list of modern browsers that we think would be a good replacement.
- Thursday, Jul 8, 2021 6:00 PM - 9:15 PM PDT
- Friday, Jul 9, 2021 6:00 PM - 9:15 PM PDT
- Saturday, Jul 10, 2021 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM PDT
Sorry, this event is not available.
This event was available from Friday, January 29, 2021 12:00 AM until the event start date.
Check-in begins at 5:30. The training begins promptly at 6.
- You must attend all sessions in full (Thursday, Friday& Saturday) to receive certification
- Pre-Registration is required! **Space is limited**
- A light continental breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning (July 10th)
This training is certified by the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (www.icisf.org) . Church members, chaplains, counselors, mental health professionals and pastors all benefit from these practical guidelines and strategies for people-care in times of need.
Basic Crisis Intervention Training
The Rock Church is sponsoring a special series of crisis intervention, trauma and disaster response courses to equip people to serve our community. These trainings prepare people to establish hope, comfort, compassion and the guidance of Jesus Christ to people in their times of crises and brokenness. The first course in the series is the Basic Critical Incident Stress Management workshop entitled “Basic Crisis Intervention Training.” This course may be thought of as the combination of Biblical faith-based training with traditional techniques of crisis intervention that prepares the church for work in the field of trauma response as a witness to our community in times of need. The purpose of this 13-hour course is to assist the participants in learning how Christian-based interventions and traditional psychological crisis interventions may be effectively integrated. This workshop is certified by the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation www.icisf.org Church members, chaplains, counselors, mental health professionals and pastors all benefit from these practical guidelines and strategies for people-care in times of need. The following topics will be covered in detail in this workshop:
- The nature of crisis situations and how to thrive
- Crisis intervention strategies as a ministry
- Basic Chaplaincy interventions
- Common signs and symptoms of stress reactions
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- Psychological and emotional interventions
- Understanding the extent of support services
- Faith-care interventions
- Common mistakes in crisis Intervention
- Most challenging trauma situations
- Self-care considerations
Instructor: Mickey Stonier, PhD, Certified Crisis Services Specialist
Dr. Stonier serves as Chaplain for the Coronado and San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, San Diego Medical Examiner’s Office, San Diego Harbor Police Department, Office of Emergency Services and other public and private agencies. For a more complete overview of Mickey’s associations click HERE
Early registration $75 before (June 28th, 2021)