- Thursday, Jul 23, 2020 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM PDT
- Friday, Jul 24, 2020 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM PDT
- Saturday, Jul 25, 2020 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM PDT
Check-in begins at 5:30. The training begins promptly at 6.
- You must attend all sessions, IN FULL: (Thursday, Friday& Saturday) to receive certification
- Pre-Registration is required! **Space is limited**
- A light continental breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning.
This training is certified by the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (www.icisf.org) . Church members, chaplains, counselors, mental health professionals and pastors all benefit from these practical guidelines and strategies for people-care in times of need.
The Basic course is entitled “Basic Chaplaincy-Pastoral Crisis Intervention 1” and may be thought of as the combination of Biblical resources with traditional techniques of crisis intervention and trauma recovery. Pastoral crisis intervention presents the spiritual, physiological, emotional and mental responses to stress, grief and trauma and how to respond in manners of compassionate care. The purpose of this workshop is to assist the participants in learning how chaplaincy interventions may be effectively integrated for both the lay person and church leadership. Chaplains, pastoral counselors, mental health professionals, and basically anyone interested in using basic Biblical and pragmatic resources to come along side of people in a time of need should find this course of interest. The course uses multimedia and many interactive learning activities which makes for an enjoyable and enriching experience.
Day 1:(6:00 pm – 9pm)
- Nature of psychological crisis
- Crisis Intervention
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- Overview of faith-based crisis ministry
Day 2:(6:00 pm - 9pm)
- Applications of chaplaincy crisis intervention
- Pastoral crisis assessment: The "crisis of faith"
- Psychological triaging
- Common psychological reactions during crisis
Day 3:(8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
- The foundations of faith in crisis and recovery
- Mechanisms of traditional crisis intervention
- Practical chaplaincy ministry strategies
- Most challenging applications
- Common problems encountered in chaplaincy ministry
- Self-Care resources
Instructor: Mickey Stonier, PhD, Certified Crisis Services Specialist
Dr. Stonier serves as Chaplain for the Coronado and San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, San Diego Medical Examiner’s Office, San Diego Harbor Police Department, Office of Emergency Services and other public and private agencies. For a more complete overview of Mickey’s associations click HERE
Early registration $55 before (June 15th, 2019)