- Thursday, Jun 11, 2020 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM PDT
- Friday, Jun 12, 2020 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM PDT
- Saturday, Jun 13, 2020 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM PDT
Check-in begins at 5:30. The training begins promptly at 6.
- You must attend all sessions (Thursday, Friday & Saturday) to receive certification
- Pre-Registration is required! **Space is limited**
- A light continental breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning (June 13th)
GRIEF FOLLOWING TRAUMA
This training is certified by the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation www.icisf.org. Church members, chaplains, counselors, mental health professionals and pastors all benefit from these practical guidelines and strategies for people-care in times of need.
In the course of one’s career, it is inevitable that professionals will encounter traumatic death and loss issues both personally and professionally. Professionals often feel ill prepared to provide effective care throughout the grief process. This course will cover key grief and loss concepts relating to trauma and traumatic death. Participants will increase their knowledge of how trauma impacts the grief process and will gain skills for evaluating and supporting persons who have experienced traumatic death and loss. This course is designed for anyone who works with people who experience grief and loss following a traumatic event.
- Characteristics of trauma
- Clinical implications of grief
- Primary needs of victims
- What helps and what hurts
- Types of traumatic events
- Traumatic grief and grief reactions
- Death notification
- Applications of the SAFER model
- Supporting grieving people
- Personal self-care plan
Instructor: Mickey Stonier, PhD Certified Crisis Services Specialist
Dr. Stonier serves as Chaplain for the Coronado and San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, San Diego Medical Examiner’s Office, San Diego Harbor Police Department, Office of Emergency Services and other public and private agencies. For a more complete overview of Mickey’s associations click HERE
$55 before May 11th (Early bird)
$65 On or after May 11th